AnyDesk is a free utility for organizing remote access to computers for their administration and customer service. Ensures a secure and stable connection on slow internet connections. Allows you to record sessions, exchange files and messages. There are mobile (iOS, Android), desktop (Windows, FreeBSD, Linux, Mac) and online versions of AnyDesk (works without downloading).
How to launch the online version of AnyDesk
The web application was developed in 2019 and is still at the beta testing stage – there may be errors, malfunctions, problems, disconnections, lower quality of the transmitted image, etc. The online version will help in situations where the user cannot access the program installer, he does not have the rights to download and run third-party software.
Connection via a browser does not depend on the platform – you can control a remote machine regardless of the operating system installed on the dominant computer:
- To connect to the client via the web version of AnyDesk visit go.anydesk.com.
- Ask to launch the application on the PC.
- In the text form enter AnyDesk ID (identifier of the remote machine) and click “Connect”.
- Ask the owner of the remote computer for the ID. It is displayed in the AnyDesk window.
- A request will come with a list of permissions. On the slave machine, you need to decide on the access (read more in the article) and click “Accept”.
- After a couple of seconds, you will see the desktop of your client, home or business PC.
AnyDesk Web version capabilities
The web application offers almost all the functions of a portable or installed program. Read more about them at the link.
Of the limitations of the online version, the following can be noted:
- uncontrolled access cannot be configured;
- there are no connection settings;
- session history and passwords are not stored;
- not supported by mobile devices.
When you visit the web service, offers to buy the full version of AnyDesk
You can ask your questions below, we will promptly supplement the material with answers to them.